Saturday 21 May 2011

Yellowstone 2011

Arrived just a few days ago at the greatest park in the US. I've been super busy as usual and re-familiarizing myself with the thousands of resources here. The trip across country was tough since I took Mo along with me. He didn't adapt very well to the long trip and has lost his interest in car rides. The park has had more snow last winter than in the last 10 winters so the world I live in is quite dynamic. There have been avalanches and rock slides which have affected travel. The snows of winter killed quite a few Bison so the bears and wolves have a nice buffet this spring. I haven't done much in the way of photography but have already spent time with my favorite wild Mustangs of McCullough Peak. (Check out attached photo). I've had two bear encounters of both species as well as two wolves on a Bison carcass in the valley. Today I'm in West Yellowstone getting supplies and and getting online to keep in touch with all who are interested. Visitation is high in erarly spring at around 3000 per day at our Visitor Center. Snowed yesterday morning a little but the mountain peaks are gorgeous and snow-capped. well. I'm off to do some more ":stuff" and will keep in touch with updates and photos.

Happy Trails,
Gary

2 comments:

  1. I've had a longing for some time to wander through Wyoming and Montana. Your photo's have clinched the deal. Truly beautifully breath taking! Where's Mo though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to reading about your adventures and seeing your photos as you post them... Holy CAMERA batman!

    ReplyDelete


Bear Bonding

Mama and Baby

Mama and Baby

Portrait of Mama

Spring in Yellowstone


Yellowstone Lake

Wild Mustangs

Wild Mustangs